I only have two more blocks to sew together, and then all of the blocks will be assembled–I just have to iron and quilt them.
Today, I cut out the last 30 black squares I needed, and ironed the 19 blocks I got done.
Then, I sat and sewed until my eyes hurt. I got 8 blocks done, and I’ll do the last two tomorrow. I’ll iron these last 10 blocks and I might start cutting out the batting and pinning them down tomorrow, too. It’s 29 blocks worth of cutting, so I probably won’t get them all done tomorrow–I want to watch Outlander, too.
With what I got done today, I have 5 of the 7 rows done, and 5 of the 6 columns done. Getting closer!
To do on this quilt:
- Finish assembling last 2 blocks
- Iron the last 10 blocks
- Lay out the batting and cut down for 29 blocks
- Quilt 29 blocks
- Iron the backing fabric
- Assemble the quilt top (arrange into rows, sew rows together)
- Press seams open on back of quilt top (use a lower temp!)
- Measure quilt top and cut/sew backing fabric as needed
- Buy clear thread
- Sew backing onto quilt
- Choose fabric for binding and buy it
- Assemble binding
- Sew on binding
- Collapse in relief