Finally bought batting tonight. I cut down and pinned all 9 of the remaining blocks, and I quilted 8 of the 9 blocks (most of which were all blue blocks–the sole remaining block is half blue and half Yoshi’s eyebrows, so I have to change colors for this last one). I’ll finish sewing down the last block, and finish sewing the blocks into strips tomorrow, I hope. I have one more strip to make (the top row), and three more strips need their last block added on.
An updated to-do list:
Finish assembling last 2 blocks Iron the last 10 blocks Lay out the batting and cut down for 29 blocks Lay down batting and cut down for 9 blocks Quilt 29 blocksQuilt 1 last block
- Iron the backing fabric/trim selvedge.
- Assemble the quilt top (arrange into rows, sew rows together-just one left!)
- Press seams open on back of quilt top (use a lower temp!) and cut the corners down to reduce bulk.
- Trim and measure quilt top and cut/sew backing fabric as needed
Buy clear thread
- Sew backing onto quilt
- Choose fabric for binding and buy it
- Assemble binding
- Sew on binding
- Collapse in relief