It’s over! It’s done!

Wooooohooooooo!!! I am proud to say that Yoshi is officially finished.

I finished him yesterday evening (Dec. 19th) around 9 PM. I sewed down the last row and a half of the backing, cut and assembled the binding (and burned my forearm doing so–I didn’t reach far enough around the iron and touched the side of it), and sewed the binding on.

I sewed the binding on the back of the quilt first, which made it so much easier to make sure I actually caught all of the binding. I also pressed the binding straight up to the edge of the quilt, which made it a lot easier to fold it over to the front. This is the tutorial I used for sewing down the binding on the back. I had green thread in the bobbin and invisible thread on the top needle to sew down both sides of the binding.

I’ll post pictures once it’s washed (and if I can pry it away from Matt long enough to get it washed!) and include the pattern and yardage, number of itty bitty squares, fabric choices, thread colors, etc.

But for now, we’re off to see Star Wars (!!!) again.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s