Finished just in time!

I just finished sewing down the binding for Nana’s quilt (as in, I finished it about 15  minutes ago), and have it in the wash–just in time, too, since we’re leaving Wednesday for home!

I bought the 108″ wide cotton from JoAnn’s to make the backing with, but I ended up having to rip out the last column of her quilt as the backing shrank by 18 freaking inches!!!!! after I washed and dried it, and it wasn’t wide enough to use as the binding, too.

I do, however, have just enough fabric left over from her quilt to make a pillowcase, which I’m going to sew this weekend–they don’t take long at all, and I’m just going to sew strips together and make her an envelope pillowcase. Easy peasy.

Pictures of Nana’s quilt and the quilt I made for E under the cut.

First, here’s some pictures of E’s quilt, which uses actual quilt batting instead of flannel.

 

 

Here’s the first two rows of Nana’s quilt:

20161112_211707

And then some pictures of binding it today:

(One of my cats decided I wasn’t allowed to sew and had to pay attention to her instead, so I had to take a break).

And now, the final product:

20161217_11374720161217_113726

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s