The first one is the one for my aunt-in-law. I’ve got the whole top done already, so I just need to buy a bolt of white flannel and the backing fabric for that one. Then I can finish it off.
My mother-in-law’s quilt changed. I sewed together some disappearing 9 patches (like she wanted) but it just did not look good. At all. So, I enlisted my husband and we changed both the pattern and added (and took away) some fabrics from her original choices.
So, her quilt now has:
- Legacy Studio Stars Midnight
- Keepsake Calico World Map
- Country Classics solids in Tartan Navy and Teal Blue
- Kona cotton in Kona Purple and Kona Snow
- Legacy Studio Oil Slick Rainbow
- Kathy Davis Scatter Joy Tonal Leaves Navy (which I can’t find on JoAnn’s site)
- Keepsake Calico Marble Lavendar
- Buttercream Poppy collection in Vine Dot Gray
- Keepsake Calico Dark Blue Blender
- Keepsake Calico in Blue Diamond Tonal
And we chose the Falling Charms pattern from Jenny Doan. This looks sooooo much better than the 9 patch with the colors we added and took away. I’m using the Kona Snow as the border around the charms, and I’ll probably add a navy blue border once it’s finished. Not quite sure what I’m going to do for the backing or binding. This one will be about 72″ x 84″ when I get done (minus the border if I do it). That’s 12 blocks wide by 13 blocks down (a block being the charm with the border on two sides).
Then, we went to Florida in July, and I offered to make my Mom two quilts. She’s still thinking about the queen size one she wants, so I’ll talk about the twin size one I’m making for her now. Her pattern is just a simple patchwork, which makes it a lot easier and faster. I cut 5.5″ squares for hers.
Her fabrics are:
- 108 in wide Navy solid cotton
- Indigo Sea Sealife
- White cotton
- Country Classics in Spray Green
- Fat quarters: batik turquoise
- Legacy Studio Marine Mini Plumeria
And that’s it for now! I’ve got a lot of sewing to do!